I will (hopefully) be buying a set of wheels and tires this winter/early spring. As far as tires go I want a good “all ’rounder” but leaning more towards grip/performance, than longevity and comfort. With that being said, I don’t want tires that I will have to replace in a year/year and a half. I live in Ohio so I will also end up getting winters for my factory wheels when the time comes (yes it is really cold and starting to snow now, but the all seasons I have work well enough).
My main use will be daily driving, but I definitely enjoy some back roads carving and have been thinking about doing some AutoX or maybe a novice track day.
What would you recommend? I do not have any specific brand loyalty and I would like to stay under $200 per tire, if possible.
I have a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan. I will be getting 18″x8″ wheels. I will also be putting on a handful of suspension upgrades and some power. Here is the list of what I’m doing…
- Bilstein B14 PSS
- Rebel Devil Rear Stress Bar
- SPC Adjustable Rear control amrs
- FSWerks Lower Rear Motor Mount
- FSWerks Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Mountune Front Strut Tower Brace
- SXC Tuner w/ Toms Tune (should gain ~35hp and similar torque)
- FSWerks “Stealth” exhaust (cat back)
- StopTech Slotted and Cryo treated Rotors
- Hawk HPS Street Pads
Powered by WPeMatico