Car is registered in Texas with Texas plates under dad’s name, but I live in CO. Where do I renew my insurance?

Hi guys! New to this subreddit so I apologize for any errors.

This is probably a stupid question, but I need some help. So the background is that I drive a car that is registered under my stepdad’s name in Texas with Texas plates. I moved to Colorado with the car in February, and as soon as I got here it broke down on me. I canceled my car insurance since I wasn’t going to be driving it, but I finally got all the repairs done this last week and am looking to renew insurance. So my question is should I get insurance coverage based on Texas liability/limit guidelines since that’s where it is registered or do I do it based on Colorado laws? My dad does not want to transfer the title into my name for whatever reason, but I do have a Colorado license if that helps.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

submitted by /u/putaporvida
[link] [comments]

Powered by WPeMatico